I just received my Wii U from Nintendo and after setting everything up I found I couldn’t connect to my router on Virgin Media. I checked and double checked the password but after it tested the connection it just wouldn’t play ball. So I’ve done some routing around on the internet and I’ve found this advice from GAMEDEV on a forum. It worked for me so give it a go if you’re having problems.
- Go into connection types, Hit “Manual Configuration”
- Input your SSID
- Input the correct security type, this is key.
- Put your password in properly
- For ip address “Do not auto obtain”.
- Open up cmd in your computer, type in ipconfig (Start > enter cmd > enter ipconfig)
- Now input that ip address but add 10 to the last number so “192.168.0.1” will be entered as “192.168.0.11”
- Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.
- Hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit “Dont auto obtain”.
- For the first server put in 220.127.116.11
- For the second server put in 18.104.22.168
- Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy
- Leave mtu as the default
- It should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet ip + 10.
Buy Wii U now
New: Buy Wii U from Amazon.com